Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 91: Cut 'n' Color Day

That's all really. It's just nice to be able to go and get my hair cut so that things are fresh, and the color is just nice. I've never been one to just dye my hair willy-nilly, but when I started seeing an abundance of gray hairs so young, I thought that it was just too soon. And since I am horrible at dying it myself at home, I am trusting a long-time friend to do it, and it is always nice to visit.

It was especially fun today because my daughter went with me. That was just fun. She had a blast seeing all the things in a hair salon and seeing what mommy does on "cut 'n' color" days. She got to doodle on some paper and took quite the liking to my hair stylist. It was just a fun outing, and I am thankful that I was able to go and share it with my girl.

Thank You for this bright spot in my day, Lord.
It's fun to do something so girly with my little girl!
Thank You that You created us all beautiful in Your image and that You call us
to be women of godly character.
I praise You that I am fearfully and wonderfully made,
and that You allow me to share moments of girliness with my daughter.
May I be an example of Biblical femininity and true beauty.
Help me to communicate that clearly in how I approach outward beauty
and strive for sanctification of inward beauty.

No comments: