Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 74: SIL

Today is, of course, the birthday of both my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, but I wanted each to be recognized, so today is the SIL.

I met Kari when she was in high school before she even started dating my brother-in-law. I was a youth leader and she was a student. Now I call her a sister. That is a very cool thing. I have seen her grow in her faith and love for the Lord. I have seen her grow into a beautiful wife and mother with a heart to serve Christ in those capacities to the best of her abilities.

I am so glad that she is a part of my family, and it is a joy to have her in my life. I am thankful for the blessing she is to my husband's brother and the way she supports and encourages him. I know that she is the perfect help meet to him, and that simply makes me happy.

Happy birthday, dear sister.

Father, thank you for Kari and all the work You have done and are doing in her life.
Thank You that she belongs to You and that You have given her to be a part of my life and my family.
Thank You for the encouragement she is to me and the wonderful aunt that she is to
not only my children
but to all her nieces and nephews.
Thank You for the testimony she has of all that You have done for her,
and I pray that she would always give You glory in all that she does,
that she may rejoice in You and bring others to rejoice in You too.
Give her wisdom and patience as she raises her two girls that they may come to know You
as a result of their mother's testimony and faithfulness to teach them Your word.
May she always uphold truth and be a woman who rejoices in truth.
Strengthen her in Your truth, that she may serve You faithfully as she serves her family.

No comments: