Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 81: He Said My Name

My husband doesn't actually call me by my name a lot. I'm not sure why. He just doesn't. He just talks to me. And after eleven years of being with my husband, the warm fuzzies and giddiness have tended to wear off, and have been replaced with a deeper love. The newness of young love has ripened into something deeper, something more constant.

Today, he called out my name several times. He needed my attention and my help.

It was as mundane as needing soap for his shower, yet hearing his voice call out my name made me feel so special- giddy even. Even after eleven years, it was like expecting a phone call that finally came, and I couldn't stop smiling.

It was just because he said my name.

I love my husband. I love him so completely and so deeply, and even, after a decade of romance, am totally smitten with him.

No comments: