Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 89: Laugher is Good

This morning I wasn't in the mood to go to work. I just kind of wanted to stay home, and I had things on my mind that I wanted to get done. So, I decided to direct my energies towards getting something done at work. That effort that I put forth resulted in organized lens cleaning accessories and products! Ta-da! It was actually quite the task.

The rest of the day was pretty ordinary, and then I got home and was greeted by very excited children, shouting, "Mommy! Mommy!" Music to a mother's ears.

Then when I sat down to remind a friend of the time and date details of our daughter's birthday party, I was swept up in a "comment party" on Facebook. It was just silly, and had me sitting here at the computer laughing to myself, getting such a kick out of the funny interaction.

So, that's the grace in today.

I got something done that needed to be done at work that will simply make things nicer for everyone there. My children have me home enough that for me to come home is a bigger deal than it used to be. And laughter and silliness between friends is something that you're never too old for. The joy in laughter is a great gift.

Father, I thank You for little things that can turn a day from drudgery to overflowing with grace. That is good,
and all things good are from Your mighty hand.
Thank You.

No comments: