Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 65: Thrice

I went to ESV online, and put, "fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom," into the search. I have been reading that and thinking about that a lot. Three results:


Psalm 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
 all those who practice it have a good understanding.
His praise endures forever!

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.

If in God's word, He tells us something three times, I think it's something most definitely worth noting. Now, I don't have the time just right now to do some additional research on the fear of the Lord, but to have the same phrase or similar phrase in scripture thrice, you had better pay attention. And we had better understand what the fear of the Lord is.

Lord, help me fear You that I may always be on a path of wisdom.
May I walk in wisdom and bring You glory.
Thank you that You provide truth and ultimate wisdom in Your word.
Draw me to Your wisdom and help me to apply the knowledge of You to all aspects of my life so that I may magnify Your name.


No comments: