Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 75: Nieces are Nice

I have four nieces. They are paired two and two in two families. We had a pair at our home this week, and it was so fun to have them. The girls played with our children, and they all had so much fun.

I am reminded of how much I really love being an aunt. It's such a fun thing to be, but it's often overlooked, I think. When it comes to our roles, I think being a good son or daughter, brother or sister, husband or wife and father or mother kind of trump uncle or aunt. We even think of being a good co-worker or friend more than aunt or uncle. But I think we miss out when we forget that precious role!

I get to be younger and cooler than the grandma, but way more fun than the mom. I get to be looked up to and have a positive influence on someone who is so special.

That's just cool.

I am glad that I am an aunt. And I just love all the nieces and nephews. They are all so special and fun and different.

Lord, thank you for letting me be an aunt.
May I be a gracious example and a fun companion to every single one of my nieces and nephews.
Help me be an aunt worth looking up to.

No comments: