Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 73: Marching On

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
Psalm 127:3-5b


It's one of those months, March is. You know, one of those months in a family when there are many many birthdays? Yeah, March is one of those...

Kicking off the March madness is a two for one deal on the 15th, and since I want to give them their own post, I'm starting with the oldest: brother-in-law Adam.

I have known Adam a very long time. In fact, I have known him for more of my life than I have not known him. He is the love of my big sister's life. The truest of true high school sweethearts, Adam entered my world as a teen, and I was about 10 or 11 years old- wow! And he has been my brother and pal for those years.

Being the youngest of two girls and growing up with just mom, Adam boldly entered our girls club. That impressed me!

I have seen he and my sister grow in love and build a family and life together. He is the father of six of my nieces and nephews, and has been a valued member of my family. He has taken on my mother as his own and stepped in like a true son. I cannot even count the number of selfless acts of service done for her and his own family. He has a servant's heart!

I am thankful that I can call him brother and family.

Lord, as Adam approaches his birthday, I pray that he would be blessed.
I pray that you would continue to work in his life and that
You would strengthen him daily as he leads his family.
I pray that He would always rely on You through Your word for wisdom as he leads.
I pray that he would have a discerning heart as he disciples his boys and girls.
I pray that he would have an understanding heart as he leads my sister and builds her up.
I pray that their marriage would always preach the gospel to their children, that they would understand what Christ is to the church
because they see how their parents interact and love one another.
Thank you for bringing Adam into my family,
and for building such a lovely family through him and my sister.

No comments: