Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22: Surprise Visit

I worked today, and I have to say that the best time of the day was getting a visit from my sister's family. I haven't seen my beautiful new niece for a couple weeks, and just the other day I was lamenting the fact that I hadn't made my way over to their house to see her or visit the rest of the family. But today they all came to me! I got to give hugs to my nieces and nephews and parade the newest little one to all my co-workers. It was so fun for me, and I am so happy that I got to visit with them even if it was just a few minutes.

It's so nice when a familiar face comes into the store, and now that I've been with LensCrafters for a year, I'm getting familiar with some of our "regular" customers. It's really a unique opportunity I have there to get to know people and, in some cases, a whole family.

I'm just glad that I get to help people out, and even if a day starts out kind of difficult (like today did), I always enjoy helping the people that I get to help out whether it's helping them understand their insurance, finding that perfect frame that makes them feel good about themselves, or adjusting a painful frame that's been digging at their ear.

And as much as those things are a blessing to me, I'm most of all happy just to come home. That is where I belong, and I am trying to patiently wait on the Lord to get me back there. That's what was hard this morning. I didn't want to be there because I just wanted to be home, but because I get to make a difference for people and because I got to dote on my nieces and nephews, my day turned around. I'm thankful for that.

No comments: