Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12: Blah

I'll be honest here. I'm not in the mood to be writing. I'm tired, and I'm sad. Being a mom is hard. Being a good mom is even harder. There is joy in parenting and great sadness in seeing your child's need to be parented. Stubborn wills, and disobedience, whining and selfishness make my heart sad. And when you have a big battle against even one of those things, it makes for a rough day. When I have had to battle all of them, it makes for a day that can only be described as blah. I'm not sure I have words.


So when I'm feeling like this, what is to be my response? No matter what happens in my day, at the end of it, I always belong to Christ. I am His. I am saved. He is my light, my guide, my shelter, my rock. He is the great I AM. My hope is in Him and Him alone. My strength is in Him. He is my portion.
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments: