Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 21: Yesterday in Retrospect

Ugh! I've made my first slip-up of the year. If I know myself, I'll probably make more. So this morning, I want to take time to thank the Lord for yesterday.

It was a very relaxing day. After a night when we were up often caring for our little girl, we all had much needed rest yesterday. Movies were a must for the kids, and mom and dad did minimal house work. We needed to do housework, but boy, were we tired, and just needed REST.

I'm thankful that we were able to just be a family together, playing quietly, or not doing anything in particular. My daughter actually snuggled with me on the couch, as she watched tv, and that is a very rare occasion. It's even more rare the older she gets! I think that would be the highlight of the day for me. Just to have her close, and granted, I zonked out, but to have my 5-year-old come and want to snuggle up to her mom and actually stay there, still and relaxed, for any length of time is a very rare and sweet treat.

I'll take it.

No comments: