Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17: Praise Language

Tonight was the second opportunity in a few days that I had to get out on my own and be around other adults. In tonight's case it was to meet at a dessert place for, well, dessert. Our church participates in the MOPS program, and so I went to tonight's "Mom's Night Out" and was able to spend some time getting to know some other ladies who have younger children.

It was very nice and easy going. I got to try champagne cake, which was very delicious (and pretty, I might add).

It's one thing to come home and write on a blog about God's grace, but it's another to have the testimony of God's grace on your lips daily. And something that I was able to do was practice giving God glory "in the moment".

The ladies asked what I do, and how I came to work at LensCrafters; and I was able to share with them how the Lord orchestrated bringing me there and providing work when I needed to enter the workplace. I was able to tell them about His perfect timing in His perfect provision.

As I drove home, I got to thinking about whether I take every opportunity to tell of God's mighty works in my life, and if I don't, I want to. After all, that's why I began this blog and that is what my goal is this year. I'm hoping that I create and cultivate in myself praise as being habitual. I want giving God glory to become a language that I speak.

Lord, may the language of my lips always be Your praise.
May I never cease to recognize the works of Your hands, and tell others about them.

No comments: