Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 165: Frying Tacos and Reading Level 3

I'm typing tonight using only one hand. Although it's a little entertaining making this into a fun challenge, it's also pretty annoying and, I'll be frank, it hurts.

You see, my left hand is burnt. I was frying tacos, just to do something different, wanting to give a little pizazz to the normal chicken tacos that have grown a little dull to our home. The flip of one particular taco didn't go so well, and splat! Oil splattered on my hand, and I raced to the sink for running cold water. I'm kind of bummed that I took a shift at work tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that my left hand won't be too effective in eye glass repairs!

Oh well! I'm just so glad that neither of my children weren't in the kitchen when it happened, and that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Oh! It could have been so so bad!

On a happier note, we celebrated Norah graduating kindergarten yesterday, and we were very proud of her to get an excellence in reading award. Tonight her daddy got her a present, and although she doesn't like to let on how cool she thought that was, she really liked it.

It was a sweet blessing to me to see Husband dote on his girl and show her how proud he is of her. I don't have enough words (or hands, at the present moment) to express how much the scene filled my heart. I'm blessed beyond measure (burn and all)!

No comments: