Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 145: Falling Sand

I'm not sure if there's really anything profound to write about my day. I feel like it kind of ran away with me, and I tried to run with it.

Sometimes days are like that. You can almost envision the hour glass running out of sand like Dorothy watching the falling red sand in the hour glass while waiting for the wicked witch to come back for the slippers. Although my day wasn't that menacing- not at all. It was more like the graphic in the credits to Days of Our Lives- or what it used to be. I'm not sure. The soft blue sky in the background with a nice hour glass. That was more like my day. It just kind of ran out.

Don't get me wrong. I got things done. I just didn't get things done the way I wanted to. Everything took longer (like my grandmother's Dr. appointment running an hour late), and time just seemed to trickle out.

Oh well. Sometimes life if like that. I don't feel like it was wasted or anything; it just ran out.

I guess today is a good reminder that our days are fleeting, and time is always passing us by.

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

No comments: