Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 129: Dear Gideon

Dear Gideon,
Being adopted is very special. I should know because I'm adopted too! We get to know things that many never know. We have experienced something that so many in the world don't understand.

First, we're loved in a very special way. We are loved so much that someone was able to let us go.

I remember when I was very young I caught a grasshopper. He was such a nice grasshopper, and he was hard to catch. I really loved the grasshopper and wanted to keep him. But my mom told me that staying with me wouldn't be best for the grasshopper. I was really sad to think that I wasn't the best to care for the grasshopper, but I knew my mom was right. I really wanted to keep him; I loved him so. Because I knew that the best thing for the grasshopper was to let him go, I did. It wasn't easy. It made me very sad, but it was the best thing to do for the grasshopper.

We're like that grasshopper, Gideon. Both of us were so special and so loved that someone had to let go of us. It was for our very best that we came into the families that we are in.

And that leads me to the next thing that we know. We were brought into a family just because they wanted us. We didn't do anything to deserve it, and we can do nothing that will make them send us away. We are with our forever families because we are loved so much that we are adopted.

My prayer for you, sweet Gideon, is that as you adjust and come to understand all that it is to be adopted, that you will learn of the most important adoption that you can ever experience. Just like your family wants you, and has taken you as their own, God wants you and wants to take you in as his own forever. He wants to make you a part of his family so that you can have all the good things that a son has. I pray that we will be able to share those two things in common- that we're adopted twice!

What a special thing it is, dear one, to know adoption. Welcome to your forever family, sweet boy.

With Love,

Kelly

*Gideon's adoption was just made final on 05/09/2011. I was proud to celebrate with his family on such an amazing occasion.

No comments: