Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 141: Here Comes the Sun

I could title this "Here Comes the Son" if I believed that one man could predict when Christ would return, but I don't. I just don't think that anyone will know.

So what I'm grateful for today is that for the third day in a row we have had sun. It has been an extraordinarily wet spring and winter. The cold held on for a long time, and the clouds are finally parting. We're seeing the sunshine and enjoying the call of the great outdoors.

We've been to the park. The kids ate Popsicles. We went to yard sales (and found a desk for Norah- a much needed item, as she is the super artist in the family). We've even fired up the barbecue (killing the bees' nest inside- sorry bees).

All in all, it's just nice to see a change in the weather. In true Oregonian fashion, I'm sure I'll be complaining about it being too hot before long. So I'll just revel in the glory of mildly warm temperatures and the coming allergy season. Ah! The Willamette Valley is a lovely place.

Father thank you for your marvelous creation, that there is a time for every season. 
Thank you for all the kinds of wonders your creation displays, 
from the shining sun, to the changing caterpillars, 
growing grass and rhythmic rain. 
Thank you for your beauty displayed in your creation.

No comments: