Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 142: Oh Little Brother!

After church I picked up my daughter from children's church. They had been discussing praying, and what kinds of things they can pray for and be thankful for.

"You know what Norah said she was thankful for?" I was asked by her teacher.

"No. What?"

"Her brother."

I laughed. I'll tell you that is an answer to my prayers. Big sister has had a bit of a hardened heart towards her little brother, but some softening has been seen. The ice coldness is melting into spring, just as our weather has been doing.

Last week I had my girl out for a good portion of the day, and she turned to me and said, "Mom, can we go home yet? I wanna see Haddon."

Ah.

Those little bumps on the parenting road can give you a jolt, but God is faithful.

Father, thank you for being the softener of hearts. I rejoice in your sovereignty!

No comments: