Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 144: A Tumultuous Start

Monday ushered us into the week with a bang- or maybe I should say a thud.

My daughter had to come home early from school because she hit her head and got a pretty good sized goose egg to show for it. The ER was a nice little 2 hour excursion. At least we had Dilly Bars and a Peanut Buster Parfait to make up for the inconvenience.

I'm very grateful though, that Norah is okay. Head injuries can be very scary, and although out of caution, I kept her home today, I expect her to be in school tomorrow and ready to go! (Though with more caution, I hope!)

I'm glad that while in some areas of the country or in other countries the wait at an emergency room can be much more than just a total of 2 hours. Praise the Lord that Norah was seen as quickly as she was! If we were somewhere else, it could have been quite an ordeal!

Also, I am so thankful today for Norah's friends. She has made such sweet girlfriends at school. They really are. They stayed by her when she fell and comforted her. Norah has described to me how they put their arms around her and were quick to take care of her and help her.

I remember in the beginning of the school year, one of my prayers for Norah was that she would make at least one good friend. And I know she has more than that! The two girls that doted over my little girl were so quick to prove their loyalty and devotion when Norah needed them.

For that, I'm not only grateful to those little girls, but to their parents. For they are a testimony to their efforts. I hope that my own little one is as kind and thoughtful of a friend.

No comments: