Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 194: Girl Movie Night

I'm a big Jane Austen fan. I'm not a crazy fan, but even so, I find her stories and style of writing to be wonderfully entertaining. I am slowly reading or re-reading all her books, and last summer I read Persuasion. I liked it. It wasn't my favorite, but I really did love the character Anne Elliot. I think I liked her so much because she's the anti-me. Quiet, reserved, wise and smart. She is a perfect wallflower, eager to please others, but grows in wisdom with age to not be walked over to persuaded into something that she truly didn't want.

I like to watch a movie adaptation of books that I read. So Persuasion came in the mail from Netflix, and needless to say, my husband wasn't thrilled with the idea of watching it.

Enter, Girl movie night!

It was so nice! I had a friend over. The same friend that saved my fabric shopping experience, and often does a great Super Girl impression.

The movie? Lame. They didn't do very well with the book at all.

The company? Delightful.

No comments: