Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 202: Tea for Two

I've told my daughter that we would have to get a tea cup collection so that we don't have to scramble if we want to have a tea party. Until today, my intentions hadn't materialized into any action.

After a visit to the park, I took my nephew, and the kids to an estate sale. There we came across a lovely collection of tea cups and saucers. Norah and I debated and inspected, and we walked out of there with our first two tea cups.

Cheerio govena'! We can have a spot o' tea for two!

(Yeah, I know that was lame. I just don't care.)

The fun part was that it was such a random thing. I wasn't intending to stop by any garage or estate sales, but since it was on the way home, I thought it might be a fun adventure. Now that we've done this, I look forward to new opportunities to surprise my daughter with hunts for tea cups. She was so excited, and we really enjoyed that bonding experience.

I'm so thankful that I have a little girl that I can do those sorts of girly things with!

Thank you, Lord for letting me have a little girl!

No comments: