Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 183: My Boy

Five years ago I became mommy to a little boy. We named him Haddon. He's named after a man who preached God's Word faithfully and with power. In fact, this man was given the nickname "Prince of Preachers."

Charles Haddon Spurgeon was a man that did wonderful things to bless people, and that's what I desire for my boy. He may not be a great preacher (though I must admit that would be an amazing thing for him as he has struggled with delayed speech), or reach the lives of thousands of people through writing, but I know my son has a heart that can bless people and bring joy. God has gifted him specially, and I pray that I am a mother that helps cultivate those gifts.

I love my boy. He's such a special, sweet boy. I am honored to be his mommy.

Happy birthday, Haddon.

Thank you for my son, Lord. May he grow in wisdom and in stature, and in favor with men. 
May he grow to be a Christ-like man who walks in your truth. 
That's the greatest desire I have for him, and there is nothing that I can think of that would 
bless him more than to simply know you.

No comments: