Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 200: What I've Learned So Far

Two hundred days into the year, and I've kept with my resolution, though faltering at times.

So, what have I learned?

Well, I've learned that setting out on a somewhat public goal is a little daunting and humbling, but it does keep me in check. I feel like I have been kept in check in two ways:

1. I can't give up.
2. I can't get too whiny.

Writing every day (or at least my pathetic attempt to) seeking to give God glory each day, keeps my attitude in check. I have bad days, but the habit of giving thanks in all circumstances has kept that in check. And writing through these things in a public forum keeps my attitude in check. I also have the opportunity to be real and honest.

The fact is that not every day is sunshine and roses. God never planned for that. He loves me too much to not give me pain. It is through trials and hardships that I grow stronger in my faith, that God builds my character and draws me nearer to the image of his Son. 

In the last two hundred days, I have learned more about my sinful faults, more about God's endless grace, and more about how I need more of the grace to reduce the sinful faults.

No comments: