Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 251: Brookie

There are friends that stick, and my friend Brook is one of them. I have known her since my high school days, and although there are sometimes long stretches when we don't see each other, it's never difficult to start up right where we left off.

I got to visit with her today, on her birthday, and it was very sweet. It was too short, but it was sweet nonetheless. We talked about her new babe #2 due soon, and I got to dote over her daughter.

Brook is one of the truest and sweetest friends that anyone could ever ask for. She's a beautiful wife and mom, and her heart belongs to Jesus. I know that I can count on her in a pinch, and rely on her loyalty no matter what.

Today I am very glad that I have a friend like her. It's truly a gift from above.

Happy birthday, Brookie.

Lord, protect Brook, especially in her last weeks of this pregnancy, and may she be blessed as she embarks on being a mother of two. Give her wisdom and strength in the days ahead and prepare her heart for all the joys that a new baby will bring. Bless her and her husband, and may they grow ever more in love with each other. Be at the center of their home, and bless it.

No comments: