Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 245: There's Work to Do

I did it.

I took the plunge and volunteered to be a regular Sunday school teacher.

Today was my first Sunday doing it, and I'll tell you, I was nervous. I have never taught Sunday school or taken ownership of a thing like this. I have done small groups for teen girls or college students, and I have been on rotations for nursery or children's church, but never, ever have I committed to being the consistent teacher for a kids' Sunday school class.

You know what?

I think it's going to be fun. I already am thinking of ways I can bless the kids in that classroom, and I hope that my efforts are God-glorifying. I think it can be a little intimidating taking on something like that, and I bet there are going to be times when I wished that I didn't volunteer to serve. But I think that it will be a really good experience, and prayerfully, it will be a good thing for the kiddos in my class as well.

So, bring on the construction paper, crayons, glue sticks and flannel graphs!

No comments: