Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 243: Who? Me?

My husband has recently worked with another man in our church to start up a counseling ministry, and already they are about maxed out. What's more is that I'm am in the shuffle now as well.

I've never been in a position where I am in such a setting. I have counseled with people, but always on an impromptu, informal basis, never a scheduled and really purposeful Biblical counseling position. Needless to say, the idea is a little intimidating. I have no formal training, but my husband comforted me with the fact that I don't have to have answers, and I don't have to depend on my wisdom or training, I simply look to the Word and direct the person(s) to the Scriptures. God has the answers, and he's given the means to understand how to live life for his glory and our joy.

So, I'm feeling more free about that. Instead of asking, "Who?! Me?!" I can focus on looking towards the one who has given us all we need pertaining to life and godliness, commit it to prayer, and trust the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of those I am to come across.

Thank you Lord for giving me a husband that helps put my mind at ease 
and on the right track in accordance with your truth.

No comments: