Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 249: I'm a Mommy to a First Grader

My daughter started school yesterday. It was her first day of first grade. She's too big, and she's growing up too fast. I'll be honest, I had a hard time it. It's a long school day, and the idea of that much of my daughter's day being taken up by school is kind of difficult for me to swallow.

When I wanted to be a mom, I thought the hard part would be disciplining, and teaching them the ways of the Lord. And I think that's true to a degree, but I think maybe the most difficult part is realizing that I am simply the steward, and God is in control. The hardest part is letting them go, and seeing them grow. Inch by inch, day by day, they gain more and more independence, and with that is an increase in realization that I am completely dependent on God to carry them through this life.

Lord, help me let go, and put Norah into your hands. 
Give me strength to watch her learn difficult lessons, 
experience pain, 
and grow into the person that you created her to be. 
Help me stay out of the way and use me where you want me to be used. 
Give me wisdom to determine which times are which.
Thank you that you have already gone before me, and are working in my heart every step of the way.

No comments: