Thursday, April 28, 2011

Days 115-118: The Week Hit HARD!

The title says it all, really. From Easter and the days following, I have been hit hard. There's been dome discipling happening in this home, and some resistance to said discipling. Then of course came the work days for me, and then today I literally have been out of the home more than in it. That's pretty rare for me, but I will tell you that it was a very blessed thing to be out of the house all day.

Not because I didn't want to be home.

I took my children to school, and then went out to pick up my grandmother. I have the honor of taking care of certain things for her and helping her with things. And that's what it is: an honor.  She let me know that she wanted help looking into what would be needed to get a lift chair as she's been having greater and greater difficulty getting up from her chair on her own.

So that was the plan.

And isn't it always the way with plans that they never quite go as planned? It is for me anyway. I would say that's why I don't plan, but that's not the truth. I don't plan because I'm kind of lazy about it. That's what I call a grace opportunity in my life... but I digress...

The plan was to pick up grandma, take her to the place, and get her back home in time for me to pick up my kiddos from school, or at least bring grandma with me to pick them up and then take her home. Simple right?

Nope.

Upon arrival, we discover that the place had moved. Go figure. It moved very very far, on the complete opposite side of town. So, we could squeeze that into the allotted time. Off we went instead on a little outing to spend some of my birthday money, then to pick up the children.

New plan: Take grandma home after making a stop for her to get some fruit from a grocery store.

Actual happenings: Take grandma to the store, then out to lunch with a stop at the newly relocated medical supply place (for the lift chair), as well as a home decor place- just for fun! Then grandma was taken home, and I took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese for a celebration stopping thumb-sucking cessation (we got a call from dad telling us that Norah was invited to come and play).

Now, this is not a typical day for me. Not in the slightest. In fact, I have a headache right now because it was a long day for me! But it was worth it.

My grandmother doesn't get to go out all that often and would never have the chance to drive all over town or do the things that we did today had I not come and  taken her with me. She got to spoil my children a little bit, which I let her do (within reason of course). She hardly ever gets to do that. And overall, it was a mutually blessing for each of us. I haven't been able to spend much time with her, and she hasn't had many outings lately.

So, even with a tiring week, and an at-time trying day, I wouldn't trade in this headache I have for missing the opportunity to take out my grandmother or to do the activities of that day.

Good night.

Thank You Lord, for headaches.

No comments: