Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 100: The Centennial-like Post

Praise the Lord!
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart,
in the company of the upright, in the congregation.
Great are the works of the Lord,
studied by all who delight in them.
Full of splendor and majesty is his work,
and his righteousness endures forever.
He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered;
the Lord is gracious and merciful.
He provides food for those who fear him;
he remembers his covenant forever.
He has shown his people the power of his works,
in giving them the inheritance of the nations.
The works of his hands are faithful and just;
all his precepts are trustworthy;
they are established forever and ever,
to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness.
He sent redemption to his people;
he has commanded his covenant forever.
Holy and awesome is his name!
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all those who practice it have a good understanding.
His praise endures forever!
Psalm 111

Leave it to my husband to do math for me, and bring me to the knowledge that I have been a day off in how I have numbered my posts. So today is the true 100th day, and from here on out my hope is that I will count the days properly, though I make no promises.

I don't have anything overly profound to say for today, except that I am very glad that I took up this endeavor. It has been an enriching experience for me, and I think that it has built up my faith, with establishing a very important habit to always be thinking of how I can praise God every day in every circumstance. I think I have preached the gospel more to myself than I ever have before. I have been very conscientious to look for the things that I can direct glory to God for. It's also been really humbling for me because when I seek to give God glory daily, I also see more and more of my own sin, how I fall short of God's glory daily.  




No comments: