For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin,
so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21
There are so many things that I can write about why today is a good Friday, but in these few lines of the Word, we have a few.
1. Jesus yielded His spirit. It was done, when He decided.
2. The old covenant was done. Enter the new covenant. Curtain, torn.
3. The world trembling at the sacrifice of the Son of God. It was a testimony to His deity.
4. He was sin on our behalf. Why? For our sake.
5. His righteousness becomes ours. Why? For our sake.
So, as an adult, I can rejoice in Good Friday. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Golly, why in the world would you not rejoice?! We know Sunday is coming!