Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51: Ay Un Amigo En Mi

We have Toy Story 3 on loan from Netflix.

I love the Toy Story movies.

In it Buzz is reset.

He also is set to his Spanish mode.

My son Haddon just loves the movies too. And whenever he watches one, he gets his Woody and Buzz toys out and proceeds to play using his imagination. There are grand adventures to be had in the mind of my son, and I love to see that come out.

But Toy Story 3 makes me cry, or at least get a little choked up.

Andy is ready for college, and as we all know, playing with toys ends long before entering college. It is all too brief that little boys and little girls are, well, little. It goes by so fast, and I am honored that I get to help my two children on their way through life. It is short. It is fast. It is precious.

And something that I am learnomg, or at least being reminded of is that it's all meaningless. It's all a chasing after the wind, unless you have the fear of the Lord and strive to give Him glory.

So that's what I hope most for my children. Sure there are moments when I really want to freeze time and hold onto their childhood, but mostly I just want them to grow and learn and give God glory in all that they do. I want them to get the most out of this life, and I know that what will bring them the most is not things like toys or wealth or power. No pleasure, nor accomplishment can replace or even come close to the riches found in Christ.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 1:3

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
James 1:17

No comments: