Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 32: Still Waters, Renewed Soul

I really needed the days off that I had. Considering some recent days that I've had, it became even more evident.

But now I've been back at work for a couple days, and I feel a lot better. I've sought refuge under the wings of my King through the prayers of His people, and the encouragement of family. I've had good rest and a time of separation from work. There's such a difference in my day as I help people!

I'm not sure when things will change for my family, but I do know this: God always provides. He provided just the right amount of time off. He has provided this month as I have just gone over our budget. He has carried our family through every season and every trial, and I have no doubt that He will continue.

He continues to work on my heart. He continues to care for my soul. He continues to lead me beside quiet waters.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Psalm 23:1-3

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you
will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6

No comments: