Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47: All Hail God's Power

Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.
Psalm 147:5

I saw two things today that made me think our our great God.

On the way home from dropping off our daughter at school, I was on a country road and saw four deer. Yeah, four of them. They were all together and very peaceful. One was licking another's ear. And I just thought how neat that was. Deer are truly beautiful creatures. They are graceful when they run or walk. They have a lovely presence to them that fill the beholder with awe. The beauty of a deer is just a minuscule glimpse of the magnificent beauty their Maker.

Later on today I saw hail. It wasn't just any hail. It fell hard and strong and for a pretty long period of time. It was accumulating on the windshields of parked vehicles and on the sidewalks. White was building up like snow all around. It was powerful. I thought about how powerful the God I serve is. He is mighty and strong. The hail falling, pelting the earth was just a minuscule glimpse of the awesome might of its Maker.

What a mighty God we serve. What a beautiful, marvelous God we serve.

No comments: