Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44: Grocery Money

This is our first month in which we don't have any assistance for food. With my husband out of a job and getting unemployment and my increase in hours, we make too much for assistance. I don't like that we've needed help in that way. I don't like that the system is abused by so many. I do know though, that assistance has helped us, and I pray that we will get to a point where we legitimately don't need the help as opposed to not needing that help because we're getting help elsewhere.

I know the Lord is working on that.

What was so nice was that at the beginning of this month, I went to the grocery store, with grocery envelope in hand, containing our money to buy food for our family.

It felt good.

I almost started crying at checkout. (If you haven't figured it out, I cry on an almost daily basis. It's ridiculous, I know.) It was such a sweet moment.

That's all. It's nothing overly profound. I'm just thankful that this month we were given the provision to be stewards over grocery money- you know, earned grocery money.

No comments: