Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 48: The Moon

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Psalm 19:1

The moon was so big tonight as it was rising. I commented to my husband that it looked as if we could just fly a small plane to it, it looked so close.

It was bright.

It was brilliant.

Surrounded by fluffy clouds and partially shrouded, it illuminated the edges of its surroundings with brilliant moon beams. The silvery blue hues were breathtaking. The craters and crevices of the orb were brilliantly highlighted. If I had a camera, I know I wouldn't even do it justice.

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God...”
Psalm 14:1a


Lord, thank you for shouting your glory in the skies,
 for screaming your beauty in the clouds.
I hear, and I am in awe and wonder.

No comments: