Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 40: One Year Seeing

I have officially been working with LensCrafters for one year this January, and with that anniversary comes a very cool blessing. I was able to go today with my co-worker Alyssa to the Portland area and we shopped for complimentary eyewear.

So off we went today and shopped around different places. It was such a nice time, and it was very exciting to get to find something that I didn't have to pay for.

I had a blast shopping, trying things on, trying to make a decision! But I did make a decision, and I'm excited to get my prescription sunglasses in.

I'm thankful that I was able to have that time with Alyssa. I am thankful that I was able to get my eyes examined and make sure that they are not only healthy, but that I can see the best I can. There are so many around the world who live in near blindness or impaired vision. They may not even know what it is like to see individual leaves on trees or the details of someone's face.

I'll never forget the story that I heard of a little boy who came into our store, put on his glasses, and looked at his mother with new eyes and said, "Oh mommy! You are beautiful!"

Working for the company I do has made me see what a blessing it is to see, and what a joy it is to help people see. I've been given the gift of new glasses, and at work I give that in two ways. One is through helping customers who walk through the door, and the other is through One Sight, an organization that helps people get glasses that need them (to put it simply. Follow the link to see all that One Sight does in our own country and abroad.)

Anyway, I'm thankful for a treat of a day and for the gift of seeing and the ability to have access to eye health and assistance.

No comments: