Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 323: Grandma


Today is my grandmother's birthday, and she is so special to me. I don't know if I will ever know this side of eternity all the ways that my Heavenly Father has used her as a rudder for my sanctification.

It was my grandmother who paid my way through private school, which help pave a solid foundation in learning God's Word at a young age. It was there that I heard the gospel over and over again. It was there that I made friends that influenced what I thought and brought joy to my life.

My grandmother made a lot of things possible for me as I grew up. Living on a very small budget, with just my mom to lean on, my mother's mother stood as a dependable safety net. She helped and gave in ways that I'm sure I don't even know.

She has always been an understanding ear to hear, and a heart ready to empathize with me. She is a stalwart of comfort and support. Her tenderness and generosity compliment her beautiful spirit. She had dazzling green eye that laugh when she laughs, and a feisty streak that is to reckoned with!

Above you see me wearing her rings. I remember my grandmother's hands. I will always remember her hands. When I would spend the night at her house, she would get me settled into bed by gently tickling my feet and working her way up my body telling each part of me "Goodnight little toes... etc." I remember her wedding ring and diamond ring as they would sparkle in the glow of the lamp at the end of a day being thoroughly spoiled. It means so much to me to wear those rings every day.

My prayer is that my hands are used as they were by their previous wearer, with gentleness, hard work, and love.


No comments: