Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 308: Papa Can Preach

Today I got to hear my husband preach again. That in itself is a blessing, and then add to that all the comments and sweet things that people say about my husband after he preaches. That just warms my heart.

He likes preaching, and I believe that he will someday preach more frequently. But for now, that's not God's plan, and I'm thankful for any opportunity that he gets to share God's Word.

Every time my husband preaches, it's nice to see how our children react, especially my daughter. She remembers more of his former pastorate, and she is more keenly aware of daddy's desire to work full time in ministry. On a Sunday morning when daddy is going to preach, she seems much more content. She knows that daddy is doing something that he's gifted to do, and even though she doesn't listen, I think she likes that he is simply preaching that morning.

So today that's what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful that Casey got to preach this morning, and that the Word went out, as it does every Sunday. But this Sunday it was from a very familiar source.

No comments: