Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 272: Turnaround

What a difference a day can make!

Yesterday I experienced a turnaround. I got a phone call from a parent from Norah's class, and she told me that things were very different in the classroom today. There was a system for managing behavior, and the class was better than any other day.

I didn't even want to take Norah to school. I didn't want her to be there. I was so discouraged about the way the class wasn't monitored and the chaos of the day that I just didn't want my daughter subjected to it anymore. But my girl came home lighter than I have seen her. She told me all about how they now have new cards and that she needs to keep hers green by behaving and staying on task. She told me how all the kids were better and how everyone was able to get their jobs done!

I don't know what happened in the heart of the teacher. I don't know if it was the e-mails she got or if it was just time for her to be fed up as much as the parents were, but something turned around. I actually look forward to going into the class on Monday now.

Praise the Lord!

No comments: