Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 278: Pot Roast!

The weather has turned to be more cool and rainier. I welcome the change, and am glad to have weather that makes me want to cook! I have missed wanting to bake something, but not be willing to heat my home by even 2 degrees. Now, that it's cooler, of course I welcome the warmth of an oven. I relish the opening of the door to let all the warm air out while cooling the oven down.

I also love the return of comfort food, like pot roast. Ah, the first pot roast of the season! And to make it even better, we had our dear friends over for dinner. Our kids were so excited, they could barely get to bed.

It was such a nice evening, and it was exactly what we needed. I love hosting people in my home, and I really like to have opportunities to get better and better at it.

Lord, thank you for simple things in life like pot roast, cool weather, and warm friends. 
All of these are good blessings that only come from you.
Thank you

No comments: