Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not Me! Monday!: My Wits Aren't About Me


I guess if I take don't do a Not Me! Monday! for a week, then the next week is filled with plenty to make up for it! Let me explain.

Having been married for six years, my husband and I are quite used to sharing a bed. You hear of newlyweds coping with the inconvenience of not being able to sprawl over the entire bed. Well, my husband and I have no issues with that at all! Not us!

For some reason, after returning from our quick trip to California, the next series of evenings were filled with strange moments. I wasn't elbowed, or kneed or nudged. I didn't get kicked, and one night I didn't even wake up to Husband frantically gathering all the bedding away from me. No, that wouldn't happen. I just dealt with each incident with grace and a calm demeanor.

The icing on this cake wasn't getting hit very hard on the head, resulting in strange behavior by yours truly. (And really, really, REALLY- that was a complete and TOTAL accident on the part of my sweet husband) The next morning my head felt wonderful, and went out the door with the kids to my weekly women's bible study. There I shared the joys of the weekend with the ladies, with a smile on my face, calmly and eloquently blubbering like an idiot in front of more than a dozen women. Those who know me well, know that I never let PMS hormones affect my emotions and keep it together always. Such a display of emotion in front of women I don't know well, would never, ever happen in my life! Nope. Not me!

The rest of that Wednesday wasn't filled struggling with vertigo, and not being able to be vertical. I did not watch episode after episode in my bed of Gilmore Girls. I did not call my mom asking, "Mom, how do you know if you have a concussion?" Furthermore, I did not have her come over after she worked a long day and have her sit with me and the kids and pick up dinner for us.

The next day, I did not tease my husband about injuring me. No, I would never do that. That might make him feel bad for something that he didn't do on purpose! Not me!

After watching the finale of The Bachelor, I was not disgusted at the distasteful exploitation of personal feelings and relationships reality television show, I certainly wasn't so upset that I had trouble getting to sleep. That would be pathetic. And that is so not me!


Oh, dear. I am so glad that Christ covers me. Because I could write even more that I didn't do.
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

1 comment:

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

Ha ha ha! I liked your post how funny. Sorry it happened, but it makes for a funny post.

Blessings,
Kimberly