Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 333: Real Deal

Today, I got a real deal. I explained on Facebook that when I got my Christmas decor out, I was a little tired of it. I've had things for a while, and it's all fine. But I'm just kind of tired of it. A lot of it I didn't even choose myself. I just was given it, so I used it and that's been fine.

Many women commented that they feel the same way, and that made me feel a little better. I wasn't alone in my boat. That's always nice.

I wasn't complaining. I had just never really experience that before. So it was new, and therefore fascinating enough to make it my status update.

Well, a friend wrote to me, and asked when she could come by to drop something off. What she brought overwhelmed me. She had purchased a gift card to Real Deals, a home decor store, and just gave it to me. She said, "Now go get stuff for your house for Christmas!"

So I did. I got two things that just brightened my holiday. You know, because I like to make things  pretty.

Now that's what I call a real deal. That's grace, love, generosity, and joy. You know, a real deal. The real deal.

No comments: