Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday!: Funnies and Failings



Well, I need this to be very clear... this is NOT me...


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
To start off, it definitely did not take me four months to drag myself into DMV to get a driver's license in our new state. I did not take any extra care in what I looked like so that my ID picture would look decent. I did not spend about an hour waiting there, being very confident in having everything together and that my test would be a breeze. As I filled out the license app. I certainly didn't admit in writing that I have been driving for 13 years and then proceed to completely choke during the written exam and completely and utterly fail it!
Our Saturday night after dinner was not spent gathered together in front of Husband's laptop googling "silly hats", "funny hats", and on You Tube searching for funny videos of people falling, or monkeys or cats doing kooky things. That would be a waste of time when dinner dishes are sitting in the sink- dinner dishes were still sitting on the dirty dinner table! And we certainly wouldn't spend an hour doing that and barely get the kids to bed on time when we know that church is the next day. Oh no. We're too responsible to do that.
Finally, after being a stay-at-home mother for nearly four years, my first day in five months that Husband wasn't home all day didn't make me nervous. Not at all. I was not nervous about how I might be pushed or that I night not get everything done. And this emotion didn't overshadow the joy of Husband actually having a job. No, I keep perspective much better than that.

1 comment:

Crazee Juls said...

That does "NOT" sound like some good family fun!