Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday: I'm Not Perfect in the Kitchen


I found this to be fun last week, and although it breaks a little from what I normally write about, it is good just to be able to laugh at yourself. It's good for all to know that I am also not sitting here, perfectly counting my blessings, and contemplating Scripture all day... oh no. I am far from perfect.... especially in the kitchen.

So...

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Well, for starters, I did not try many different things in the kitchen, and over the course of a few weeks, I did NOT have some dingy-head moments. I will now not share them with you and cover up all those silly moments.

Uh, I did not try to crack an egg, and drop it on the counter, and watch it slip in between the counter and the oven. I could not hear it PLOP to the floor. I did not miss the bowl. I did not make a gross mess.

I did not make the rookie mistake of turning on an electric mixer on too high of speed, thus flinging flour everywhere... I am so much better than that- or NOT.

I certainly didn't open up my new Magic Bullet, excited to make 10-Second Chocolate Mousse for company. I did not put all the ingredients in, get startled by the loud sound the small appliance makes, and stop the machine, only to have it never start again. Nope. Didn't happen.

And seeing as I so easily let things go (Ha!), I certainly didn't try to make said mousse with other kitchen appliances. What resulted was a beautiful masterpiece- and not an over whipped, chocolate syrup mess that looked like chocolaty curds and whey. Yum!


For the same company, I did not go to make spanish rice just to find we didn't have any.


I did not spill anything.


I did not burn anything.


And I never, ever, ever get upset at my shortcomings. Nope, NOT ME!

No comments: