Monday, May 17, 2010

Not Me! Monday!: When Life Hands You Lemon Cake...



Welcome to another installment of Not Me! Monday! This is a blog carnival created by another fun-loving mom, MckMama. Go visit her blog to find out what other's are not doing!


As the Stutzman family prepared for one of their biggest fundraising events for their Ethiopian adoption, I thought that I would be extra helpful. You see, they were hosting a silent suction and dessert. So, of course, I was taking some dessert.


I certainly didn't think that I would be even more awesome if I not only made layer bars, but also a lemon cake- of which the ingredients were just hanging around the cupboards. I didn't proceed to make the cake, having every confidence that it would turn out beautifully. And I furthermore didn't imagine how I would decorate it specially so that it looked even more tantillizing than it most likely already would look. I didn't imagine lines of people oo-ing and aw-ing over the cake's beauty as it sat in my cake platter. Not me!



After baking this cake, and getting ready to "flip" it out of the round pan, I didn't run into trouble. Nope. No, I didn't.

It didn't stick to the pan at all. Nope. It didn't.



It didn't crumble. Nope. It didn't.



I didn't try to piece it together, desperately trying to cover up any flaws in hopes of still creating the magnificent cake. I didn't imagine what a great victory it would be to overcome said flaws, and still make a beautiful masterpiece. Nope. I'm not that delusional!

The second cake round didn't behave exactly as the first. Nope. It didn't.


Even after that, I didn't still believe that cake would be beautiful... uh, no, really, I didn't! Not me!

After frosting the first layer and placing the second on top, I didn't still believe that despite the crumbling cake could still look presentable to actually charge people to taste! Nope!

Finally, reality didn't hit me. I didn't laugh at my stupidity and foolishness. Nah. Because all of this didn't happen, right?



RIGHT?!?






No comments: