Thursday, November 13, 2008

Running on Empty

The past two days I have been exhausted. When it hits about seven in the evening, I'm done. My eyes are heavy. My limbs give up, and I have yet to get children in bed.

We're sorting through everything in my grandmother's home. There is so much to do to get her ready to move into independent living, and most of the responsibility has fallen on me to do that. And when she's moved, it doesn't end with that because then the house has to be ready for us to move in.

It's a giant task. And I feel quite spent. I'm running on empty in my flesh.

What I need is to make sure that I'm being filled with streams of living water. That only comes from Christ through His Word. Only by everyday grace promised to me each morning can I continue in the weeks to come.

No comments: