Monday, June 23, 2008

Going Home

This last week I had the opportunity to take my children to Oregon to visit family. Of our combined three siblings, my husband and I are the only ones who have moved out of state or even live more than twenty miles from our parents. So for us to visit is a pretty big deal.

My husband and I emotionally parted ways at the airport, and after having one of the easiest flights with a 3-year-old and 1-year-old, we arrived in Portland, Oregon and were greeted by Casey's parents.

In the days to follow, my children's days were filled with cousins, and different outings like the Oregon Zoo, Enchanted Forest, and Silver Creek Falls. They got to watch movies at each of their grandmother's houses, and had pancakes about 5 times in a nine-day period.

We were blessed to celebrate my sister's graduation from nursing school, and enjoy meeting the newest member of our family, Miles Jacob, only 4 weeks old. In person we were able to give hugs and laugh together and have sweet conversations. We beheld my sister-in-law's growing belly and were able to enjoy the anticipation of gaining another niece or nephew in the fall- and seeing Uncle Kyle and Aunt Kari become parents for the first time.

So I am thankful that we were able to go and that my children had a sweet time with family, and I am thankful to be home. Upon coming home, I was immediately hit again with the responsibilites of being mom and wife. A sick husband, suitcases of laundry, a shower to host, and a wet bed all hit me within the first 48 hours! It is good to be back home. I am blessed.

1 comment:

The Edelbrocks said...

Glad you guys had a good time! I am so sad that I missed you!