Monday, June 9, 2008

20-20-20's

For nearly a week now, I have been setting my alarm for 6:00 am to wake up for what I call, "20-20-20's". I get up, exercise 20 minutes on the treadmill (a blessing in and of itself because we got it for FREE), then spend 20 minutes in the Word, and then 20 minutes of showering and getting ready. All of this is so that these things get done. All has to be done before my children get up or there just isn't enough time or I end up not getting to take a shower until 11 o'clock or so.

Of course this is a hard habit to establish, but I have found that the rewards of doing this are so great. I'm ready before my daughter wakes up (she's my earlier bird)- ready to play with her, meet her needs better, and it allows me to focus on my children better throughout the day. There's no fighting for time to clean, play, pick up, and run errands. Things are scheduled out, and I don't really know what took me so long to figure this out. I'm a slow learner I guess. But I am so grateful for the routine that I now have with the kids, and how putting forth this extra effort on my part has changed the tone in our home- for the better!

So I am just so grateful for the work that God is doing in our home, continually reshaping it, and growing our family more and more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household..."

"her husband also...praises her..."

-Proverbs 31:15, 28

The Edelbrocks said...

I love this idea! I have been wanting to do this for a while now... but sleep is so nice! Good for you, Kelly! Hopefully I will be able to follow in your footsteps soon! :)