Monday, April 27, 2009

Pulling from Proverbs

Our family will be embarking on quite the adventure in the coming weeks, and my husband and I will need discernment and wisdom. (If you don't know what's going on, go here.) Am so thankful that God grants wisdom to those who earnestly seek it.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." James 1:5

This doesn't mean that I simply ask the Lord for wisdom and sit back and wait. No. He gives generously to those who ask without doubting. Wisdom is to be sought after. So I am looking in what should be the most obvious place- His Word. I am confident in the counsel for the Word.

I'm reading through a chapter in Proverbs every day. And I'm just going to read it over and over and over and over again. I am going to immerse myself in Scripture so that I may be wise for now and the days ahead.

I am being blessed by it.

No comments: