Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Every Spiritual Blessing

One of my all-time favorite passages of Scripture is Ephesians 1. Paul writes so beautifully the truth of the Gospel and unravels the mystery of salvation. And one of the verses that has inspired me to begin this blog is verse 3:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places."

As one of the elect in Christ, no spiritual blessing is witheld from me! I have ALL of Christ! Grace is bestowed upon me every day: strength to be obedient, wisdom to discern, courage to disciple... the list goes on. The Gospel that saved me, is the Gospel that sustains that salvation through the power of Christ.

So this is my challenge to myself: Actively look for the daily evidences of grace, everyday grace.

I want to be daily thanking my Savior for all the spiritual blessings that he pours on me each day. I don't intend to post every day, as I am a mom of two toddlers and have full days of playing, cleaning and discipling, but this is a chance for me to declare the goodness of the Lord, and hopefully, encourage others to do the same- all for the glory of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

No comments: